Monday, April 21, 2008

The Great Dogwood Trail

Today we went to Lowe's to get some new slats for the swing and some paint for the woodwork, etc., just springtime chores.

Just before that we were visited by some ladies who live a mile or so from us who wanted to know what we knew about the pit bull people (who now have no trespassing signs nailed on the house) because one of them had a small dog killed by them about the same time Zipper was attacked.

When we came back from Lowes, we cut through the road where one of the women lived, just to see her place. Then I asked about the other one, and when we got to our road, Don turned left to see which house was hers. Then we kept going and going and going, driving slowly along toward the other end of our road. The dogwoods along this trail are absolutely beautiful. I've never see it like this, hills and ravines full of beautiful white trees. I thought it was really sweet of Don to take me on this little five-mile drive. I even thought he might be taking me to lunch at the Take-Me-Back cafe.

Alas, then he said, "Well, where's our house?"

My absolutely un-pigeon brained husband had forgotten that he made a left turn instead of the right turn that would have brought us home in half a mile.

I made him look at the beautiful hills and valleys anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home