Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Appointed Once

I'm trying to get my head around the fact that my beloved husband has a cancerous tumor around his aorta. And that the biopsy left doubts about whether it is a metastatic tumor from his prostate cancer, which would be slow growing, or a different kind altogether. If it's not PC, it's in a place which would not be safely operable, nor would it respond to the hormonal therapy he's been on for years. He won't have chemo. He's losing weight at about 3 pounds a week. He has no energy and sleeps a lot. I wish I could make this look like a passing illness. I wish I could just fix it. I don't think we can and the doctor looks grim when he talks. My husband holds onto me so tightly, but it feels temporary, and I never want it to end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home