Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good New Is Always Better Than Bad News

Ha! I have outdone myself with profoundness. But things that could be considered bad news become good news when compared with worse news. I believe that even if I can't explain it.

The bad news: He has arthritis in his spine. The good news: it is arthritis in his spine. The doctor and we thought it was cancer. Arthritis is very painful, especially in the spine, but it doesn't kill. Even though it might be so bad at times one would wish for an end to it, any end.

So now we go a whole new way with treatment. We don't have to decide about chemo, although he already said he absolutely wouldn't go that route. We are already doing something that helps with the pain, and we'll keep doing that. And we'll go back to our herbal practitioners to see what they can do for pain.

I never thought I would want to be tied down as I am now, but I am finding real joy in being able to relieve his pain. There is an intimacy in our rituals that we might have missed. There are no barriers left.

Life is good.





































a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home