Friday, September 05, 2008

Blood Pressure

I think it's worth writing about. For the past few weeks my systolic BP has been about 50 points higher than I'd like it to be. Change of medication didn't make much difference. When I went back for 10 day checkup after change, the doctor asked what in the world could be making my BP go so high. I said it might be stress, but none of the stressors were anything I could control. I told him about my husband's health and my niece's health and my friend's financial straits and my parents and . . . He offered me an antidepressant, which I don't think I need, and he said that if I felt the need for a mild uplife I should let him know. Then he said, "And I'm going to uplift you right now. I can't do anything about those concerns for you, but I will pray that you can handle them." He said he would pray for me in his evening devotional.

I think that is the first time a medical doctor has ever offered to pray with or for me. I trust that man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home